Dr. Yosef Ben-Zion
- Ph.D. Complexity Group - Department of Physics, Bar Ilan University, Israel. Advisor: Prof. Nadav Shnerb, 2011.
- M.Sc. Summa cum Laude, Physics, Bar - Ilan University, Israel, Adviser: Prof. Lawrence P. Howritz, 2007.
- B.Sc. Physics and Computer Science, Bar - Ilan University, Israel, 2005.
Awards and Fellowships
- Bar Ilan University Prize for Excellence in Teaching, 2009, 2013, 2018
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 2008.
- Bar Ilan University president’s scholarship for excellent Ph.D. students.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 2007.
- Receipt of M.Sc. Summa cum Laude, 2007.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 2006.
- Deputy Head of the Physics Department.
- Advisor for Undergraduate, Second and Third Degree Students.
- Program Coordinator for Outstanding High School Students in the Physics Department.
- Chairman of the Departmental Teaching Committee.
- Chairman of the Departmental Admissions Committee for Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
- Member of the Admissions Committee for Ph.D.
- Member of the Departmental Committee for Advanced Studies.
- Member of the University's Committee for International Strategy.
- Member of the University's Committee for Teaching Strategies.
- Member of the Ministry of Education's Professional Committee for High School Physics StudentsAptitudes and skills.
- Wolf fund scholarship for Excellent Ph.D. students, 2010.
Cooperation activities abroad
Dr. Ben Zion has advanced academic cooperations in recent years, especially in the field of bringing foreign students to the Department of Physics in Bar-Ilan University.
The main contacts:
- Prof. Yujun Zheng, Shandong University, China.
- Prof. Shishou Kang, Shandong University, China
- Prof. Beiyi Zhu, National Laboratory for Superconductivity
Area of Specialization
- Population dynamics and Infectious disease models.